Kicking off our inner beauty series with this beauty granola recipe. All the ingredients including the adaptogen powder have been selected to work with the systems within your body that support skin, hair, nails and more that just make you feel beautiful.
135g jumbo oats
3 tbsp coconut oil
6 tbsp maple syrup
Zest of 1 orange
Juice of ½ an orange
1-2 tsp cinnamon
4 tsp Shiitake Powder
Add-ons (all optional):
½ cup of pumpkin/sunflower seeds
½ cup of any nuts you like
¼ coconut chips
½ cup raisins or cranberries
- Heat an over to 170 C, fan setting if possible. Place the oats in a baking tray.
- In a small pan melt the coconut oil together with the maple syrup. Once melted, add in the orange zest and juice and a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour the mixture over the oats and mix to combine. Add in the seeds and nuts (leave out the dried fruit, coconut and Shiitake powder) and place in the oven for about 20 minutes. Stir every 5-10 minutes for even baking.
- Add in the coconut chips and bake for 5-10 minutes more. It should be golden brown and very fragrant.
- Once ready cool completely before adding in the Shiitake mushroom powder and the dried fruits. Store in an airtight container and enjoy with fresh yogurt and fruit, smoothie bowl or straight out of the jar.