Sugar free, protein packet, super tasty jam? Yes please.
I’ve been making chia jams for a while now and they just work every single time. With any fruit. It’s practically magic.
This jam has in season blackberries which are very flavourful and wonderful. As well as Lion’s Mane to boost cognitive health, creativity, memory and so much more. Enjoy with some coconut yogurt (like us), in a classic PB&J sandwich or straight out of the jar...
Servings: 1 jar
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
300 g blackberries (fresh or frozen)
4 Tbsp maple syrup (or agave/honey)
1 Tbsp Lion’s Mane powder
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
½ lemon juice
- Add the blackberries and maple syrup to a pan and cook for about 10 minutes – until you can mush the blackberries easily with a fork.
- Gently mush all the blackberries with a fork, so that the compote is lamp-free.
- Mix in the Lion’s Mane powder.
- Add the chia seeds and mix well so all is combined. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and add lemon juice. Don’t worry if it is still quite runny, the chia will expand as the mixture cools and give it the jam texture.
- Let the jam cool to room temperature before transferring to a jar. Consume within 2 weeks.
*recipe adapted from Deliciously Ella.